Well, it will almost be a week now since moving out of our Casa Mejia. I asked Javi last night if he missed our house and he told me he was trying not to think about it much. As for me, I must be really becoming acquainted with change because as much as I haven't thought about it either, I am ready to move on to the "new" with no sad feelings. This past week has been really busy for us with settling into TLF, trying to catch up with friends who are also leaving or are going away for vacation, dealing with my continual complications with my US residency application, and the final means to our out-processing. We took a trip one last time, to Venice in our new family-mobile to meet up with Javier's friend from Colombia and his wife. It was the first time we have ever drove to Venice, as oppose to taking the train, and it led us into a new part of Venice neither of us had explored before....sadly, a part I wish I had more time to wander around in. I love Venice so very much and the fact that each and every time I go, I can get lost and find a new hidden treasure. This time round, it was finding the lead singer from Maroon 5 (Adam Levine) singing for a party of less than 50 in a private courtyard. Even though we missed meeting Javier's friend and his wife at St. Mark's square due to time restraints and lack of communication, we were able to meet up with them at their hotel later that evening, which was so nice, especially for Javier to catch up with a long lost friend who he originally met in the US when he was learning English at a college they both attended. Javier and I decided to have dinner at the Venice Hard Rock Cafe, stroll around some more, stop for drinks along the way, take lots of pictures, and just take in our final moments of Venice.
As for my pregnancy, things seem to be going as they should. My belly is growing, and I can definitely feel the stretching. My short term memory is almost non-exisitent at the moment, my hair had to be cut off do to the obscene thickness, and I am hungry all the time. I am feeling alot better now, however the exhaustion of this past week has started to catch up with me. I still believe I am having a girl, even though we won't find out until my appointment in July. Everyone, including Javier, has been telling me it is a boy, but lately with my belly taking on a new shape, the word is quickly changing amongst my guessers that it is now a girl. I guess we will see! Anyhow, for our last and final week ahead, we will continue to catch up with friends, plan for our road trip to Germany, possibly take one last trip next weekend on a boat cruise in Croatia, and one last doctor's appointment. Hope you enjoy the pictures! Stay tuned....
No comments:
Post a Comment