Tuesday, May 31, 2011

And It Begins....

We have been living here in Italy for almost three years and it has been surreal...The mountains, the food, the WINE, and the amazing places we had visited so far had to come to a stop.....for the moment that is! We just got orders to move to Germany for the next four years of our lives. Allison and I are static about this news, but what we are most excited about is the

arrival of baby Mejia in November of this year. BOY or GIRL, we have yet to know the gender of our newest family member, but what we do know for certain is that he/she will be loved beyond belief.
Yesterday was a brutal reminder of our short time in Italy as the movers came in and took everything we had collected in our married life. After 10 hours of packing, cleaning, and Allison sleeping on an air mattress right outside our yard, the house was completely cleaned out of all the items that made it a sweet home. I have to say that we are really tired today......we get our new car, I have to do a few more out-processing actions on my "Good-bye Italy Checklist", Allison has to clean up the fridge, microwave and oven for the new tenants arriving this week, and later tonight, we will be going one last time to Venice to meet a long lasting friend of mine from Colombia who I have not seen in many years. His name is Carlos and he is touring Europe by BUS......I think....the 20 days that he will be here in Europe, he can at least say, that 15 of those 20 days were spent in the back of a touring BUS....just JK!


I hope that today goes according to plan and that Allison and I accomplish everything timely so that we can get our stuff together to move to our hotel tomorrow morning. That's all I got for now, stay tuned!

Javier.

1 comment: